VERIFIABLE INFRASTRUCTURAL ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE APC GOVERNMENT UNDER PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI :
1. Abia- rehabilitation of Enugu – Port Harcourt express
2. Adamawa – rehabilitation of Yola-Hong-Mubi road.
3. Akwa-ibom – rehabilitation of Umuahia – Ikot-Ikpene road
4. Anambra – resumed construction of 2nd Niger bridge
5. Bauchi/Azare – resumed construction of Kano, Jigawa, Azare, Yobe, Maiduguri express road
6. Bayelsa – dualisation of Yenegua road Junction – the Kolo – Ituake-Bayelsa
7. C/River – rehabilitation of Alesi – Ugeb road
8. Delta – emergency repairs of Warri – Sapele road
9. Ebonyi – construction of Nnenwe – Uduma – Uburu road
10. Edo – construction of Lokoja Benin express road
11. Enugu – rehabilitation of Enugu – Onitsha dual carriageway
12. Ekiti – construction of Efon-Alaaye-Erinmo-Iwara road
13. Gombe reconstruction of Gombe – Numan – Yola road
14.Imo – construction of Ikot-Ikpene boarder Aba – Owerri dual carriage
15. Jigawa – construction of tsakuwaran – Galambi road
16. Kaduna – emergency repairs of Kaduna – Abuja express road
17. Kano – dualisation of Kano /Katsina road
18. Katsina – rehabilitation of Zaria/Gusau/Birnin Kebbi road (Funtua/Gusau)
19. Kebbi – reconstruction of Sokoto/Tambuwal/Jega/Kontagora/Makera road
20. Kogi – dualisation of Lokoja/Benin (Obajana Junction)
21. Kwara – rehabilitation of Ilorin /Jebba/Mokwa/BirninGwari road
22. Lagos – rehabilitation, reconstruction and expansion of Lagos /Ibadan express way
B. Rehabilitation of access road to Apapa/Tincan Island port – NNPC deport including construction of a new bridge running parallel to the existing one from Liverpool roundabout.
23.Nasarawa – reconstruction of Nasarawa /loko/Alushi road
24. Niger – emergency repairs of collapsed Tatabe bridge along Mokwa/Tegina
25. Ogun – rehabilitation and expansion of Lagos /Ibadan through Shagamu express way
26. Ondo reconstruction of Benin/Ofusu/Ore/Ajebandele/Shagamu express way
27. Osun – rehabilitation of Gbogan – Kwara state boarder
28. Oyo – Oyo /Ogbomosho/Oko /Ilogbo road
29. Plateau – Construction of Pankshin /Tapshin /Gambar /Sarka /Kal /Gindiri road
30. Rivers – Bodo / Bonny road with bridges
31. Kano /Damaturu/Maiduguri express way
32. Kaduna Eastern Bypass
ZAMFARA emergency repairs of some federal roads.
1. Introduction of special freight shuttle train from Apapa port to outskirts of Lagos thereby reducing traffic gridlock along Apapa wharf axis.
2. OTHER RAILS BEING CONSIDERED:
A. Portharcout, Enugu, Kafanchan, Bauchi, Goober, Maiduguri line.
B. Itakpe /Baro/Abuja line.
C. Kano, Kazaure, Daura, Katsina, Jibiya line
D. Lagos, Benin, Portharcout, Aba, Uyo, Calabar line.
An integrated PPP Agribusiness cluster between Grow Africa, Segnal and federal government of Nigeria for commercial and small holder production, processing and conditioning of produce for export.
On the 17th November, 2015 Mr president flagged off the multi billion naira support for Nigerian farmer under the CBN anchor borrower program to support the governments back to land initiative.
Since the launch in November 2015, the anchor borrower program has so far achieved tremendous success in terms of outreach and coverage, making the scheme one of the most successful CBN development finance initiative to date.
Currently about 80 billion naira has been disbursed to over 385,000 small holder farmers in 34 States, cultivating 9 commodities. The success of the program has culminated into wealth creation for the small holder farmers, who hitherto had been crowded out of the formal financial system. The commodities involved are:
Rice, Maize, Cassava, Soybean, Ground nut, Wheat, Fish, Poultry, and Cotton.
Source ; central bank of Nigeria April 2018.
Leading the pack of the new project is the Mambila hydroelectric power plant, located in Taraba state North east Nigeria, on completion, it will generate approximately 3050 megawatts to make up for the targeted 5000 megawatts, also the Enugu coal fire powered plant is to generate 1000 megawatts while the balance will come from other mini hydroelectric and renewable energy sources like solar and Katsina wind power project.
578 total views, 1 views today