The National assembly is set to impeach President Muhammadu Buhari unless he obeys 10 conditions they have listed.
THE INTELLECT has gathered that the joint-closed door session that lasted for close to 4 hours on Tuesday saw the lawmakers resolve to invoke their legislative powers to impeach the President if he fails to succumb to their conditions.
The demands, 10 in all, are:
1. Security agencies must be given a marching order to curtail the killings across the country and protect lives of innocent Nigerians.
2. The harassment and humiliation by the Executive or perceived political opponent by the police must be put to an end.
3. The executive must ensure a strict adherence to the rule of law.
4. The President must be held accountable for the actions of his appointees.
5. The government should show sincerity in the fight against corruption.
6. Sanctity of the National Assembly must be protected and the investigation of those who invaded the National Assembly to hijack the mace must be pursued to its logical conclusion.
7. National Assembly will liase with the ECOWAS parliament, EU, UN, Civil Society Organization to save the country’s democracy.
8. The growing state of unemployment must be curtailed.
9. A vote of no confidence must be passed on the IGP.
10. A vote of confidence must be passed on the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki and Speaker of the House, Yakubu Dogara.
The legislature vowed that if nothing is done, the National Assembly will not hesitate to invoke its powers on the Executive.
633 total views, 1 views today